Dime has a strategic partnership with Expensify
Contact your Account Manager for more info.
Credit Card Import vs. Reimbursable Expenses
Credit Cards can be set up to sync automatically while Expense Reports for reimbursements are manually created as needed.
Important: DO NOT try to manually add credit card charges for cards that are set up to sync automatically. This can cause problems and increase the risk of duplicates. If there’s a missing expense, wait a day or so before reaching out to Expensify. Please let your accounting team know if there are any missing charges after the end of the month.
- As expenses populate throughout the month, each user should go into the app (desktop or mobile), review and code the open charges, and attach any applicable receipts.
- An “Expensify Guaranteed Receipt” is auto generated for certain purchases (e.g. Amazon Purchases) and saves time uploading physical receipts.
- Note: To speed up the month end close, it's best to code transactions throughout the month and not wait until the end of the month.
Submitting & Approving Expenses
- After the last day of the month, when all charges are reviewed and coded, each user must submit their report for review. Click "submit", verify the approver, and then "submit" again.
- The designated approver must then double check the reports and reject charges if necessary (see Flagged Expenses). When all charges in a report are approved, submit to your unique @dime.is email address for entry into quickbooks.
Below are some links that will help walk you through the app. Use the search bar at the top of these pages to find other helpful articles.
A manual process.
Three ways to add expenses:
- Smartscan receipt - the expense will be created automatically with the receipt attached.
- Email receipt to email@example.com – the result is similar to Smartscanning.
- Manually add an expense, from the app or desktop, and then attach the receipt.
- Name the report something like "ExpRpt 2018-21-31 Sam Smith" or use the default report name.
- Best practice is for each user to create one report per month for all expenses incurred in the month.
- Add all Unreported Expenses to the report and code them. Coding can also be done at the time the expense is created.
Submit, Approve, Process…
- At the end of the month, each user can submit their report for. Click "submit", verify the approver, and then "submit" again.
- The designated Approver must then double check the reports and reject charges if necessary (see Flagged Expenses). When all charges in a report are approved, submit to the unique @dime.is email address for entry into quickbooks.
- Once received, Accounting will enter a bill as normal to be processed through check run.
- Note: Direct Deposit in Expensify for reimbursements is an option for a small processing fee.